OUR 70% CO2 REDUCTION CHALLENGE
The Danish Government has established 13 climate partnerships, who based on the ambitious target of reducing CO2by 70% before 2030, has made individual recommendations and plan of actions, by trade. Below a brief translation from the Report.
“The target for manufacturing companies is clear:
We want to be the world’s first climate neutral manufacturing industry, and create green export, growth and employment in Denmark.
To succeed we see 3 barriers we need to overcome.
- Other agendas can take away focus
- Insufficient access to advisory know-how and financing
- The tax structures”
Mads Nipper, Chairman
John Vestergaard, Co-Chairman
Toke Foss, Co-Chairman
DANISH INDUSTRY BASE
# Employees in Denmark
# Employees internationally
Share of Danish economy
Export of goods
Ordinary result in %
480 billion DKK
9 % of GNP
250 billion DKK
2 % p.a. (2013-17)
8 % – 10 % (2013-17)
Manufacturing companies are the cornerstone in the Danish economical economy and society
The manufacturing industry consists of 12.500 companies, with 180.000 employees, and 9% of GNP, the largest single climate partner
- 23 individual industries, metal manufacturing, electronics, furniture industry, plastic industry, chemical industry and windmill industry.
- The sector has a wide span in size from Vestas, Danfoss and similar to small 5 employee companies
- The typical company has 1-50 employees, turnover of 10-100 million DKK. Very likely manufacturing in Demark, with a good export share.
The sector has an increasing international focus, and is mainly focused on selling manufactured goods.
- Broad-based manufacturing spending from engine, windmills, pumps and machinery, metal goods, toys, electronic equipment, paint, soap and plastic and rubber industry.
- Export accounts for 40% of total Danish export of goods, approx. 250 billion DKK primarily from manufacturing of machinery and equipment.
- During 2000-2020, Manufacturing companies has seen an outsourcing, and has now more employees outside Denmark. Since 2013 this development has stabilized.
- Co2 foot print and turnover described in the climate partnership is only related to Danish redistricted
Source: Regeringens Klimapartnerskaber, 2020